From the Dallas Morning News:
'Selena' casting call
The makers of Selena, the upcoming film about the Tejano singer who
was gunned down at the peak of her fame, will hold open casting calls starting
On Saturday, March 16, the casting crew will be in San Antonio searching for
girls to play Selena as an 8-year-old and as an 18- to 21-year-old women. Casting
calls are also planned for Los Angeles, Chicago and Miami.
Singing ability is not required, but applicants should be uninhibited about
performing. Applicants must bring a current, nonreturnable photo. For more
information on auditions in all cities, call the Selena Casting Call Hotline at
--- Jane Sumner
Information from the Hotline number above:
- Casting time for all locations will be from 10am to 6pm.
- March 16 in San Antonio, TX at Centro De Artes in the Market Square.
- March 17 in Miami at the Miami, FL at the Day Community College.
- March 17 in Los Angeles, CA at the Union Train Station.
- March 23 in Chicago, IL at the Roberto Clemente High School.